Friday, May 30, 2008

Hollywoodland of wishes and dreams


Is it true? I'm back from California and I feel like it was all just one motion; one image that waved in front of my eyes. We took Hollywood by storm and I feel like we had to leave just as we were getting warmed up. It was great though you can't not love being surrounded by beautiful mountains and blue skies.
My favorite part was definitely the Getty Museum. I was just as interested in the structure as I was the pieces it contained. It stood alone on a hill that you were brought to by a tram and all sides of the building had beautiful angles and shadows. I loved it. It was really quite peaceful too. Other highlights included Balboa Park, and downtown San Diego, which I'm kind of bummed about not seeing the Jazz Fest. However we did find the coolest hidden mall ever. I think we hit all of the touristy Hollywood hotspots without any celebrity sitings. I'm pretty sure I saw a D-list actor. I still need to figure that out. Oh and Tori Spelling was at Pink Taco, and the hotdog place was continuously bumpin. Hollywood BLVD is all about wigs, hooker boots, and celebrity impersonators. So that was fun.
I can't wait to be a westcoaster!

1 comment:

Downtown Brittni Brown said...

Cali was amazing and I really can't wait to go back there with you. The Getty was absolutely beautiful as was the rest of CA.