Saturday, May 3, 2008

Motivation


There are some great motivational speeches in movies. I was watching Lean on Me today with Morgan Freeman and forgot just how much I love the speeches he gives in this movie. It's all about holding teachers accountable and it really hits the mark in most cases. I also don't think any actor I know could deliver the lines better and achieve that very believable authority.
On YouTube I came across a few of my other favorite motivational speeches in movies including, Gene Hackman's speech in Hoosiers before the regional finals, the speech given in front of the college committee and students by Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman, and a speech given by Mick to Rocky about losing.
Right now I'm watching a commencement speech given by Steve Jobs which is really wonderful. Anything that can reaffirm who you are and convince you how important it is to follow your dreams is something worth while.

1 comment:

Downtown Brittni Brown said...

I love speeches in movies. Or really good monologues. You know me, I have a mass collection of movie quotes in my journals. I love just browsing through my favorite quotes. They always seem to inspire me. One of my favorite speeches of all time has to be Spencer Tracy's final one in Guess Who's Coming to Dinner. It's beautiful.

Iron Man had a really good one by the way :)