Thursday, July 31, 2008

sweet dreams are made of these.


Ok maybe it's because it's getting closer to "back-to-school" time that my mind is already racing with dreams of being late and turning in projects...but the past couple of nights has just been nuts. A few days ago I fell asleep in the living room while watching tv and I had a dream of putting on a powder mineral foundation, only to find it being advertised on tv when I woke up. That's the first time I can actually say I've been aware of television affecting my dreams. So after this I've been making sure to fall asleep in my dark and silent room with no subliminal ads playing in my mind. HOWEVER last night my dream was filled with product placement and one in particular; Febreze Noticeables. While I woke up knowing that Febreze was a real product I couldn't seem to remember if Febreze Noticeables was real, or if I made up the Noticeables part. I remember being mad at the ads for it on tv, because I thought they made no sense, so in my dream I made up a better ad. Immediately after waking up I wrote it down and let me tell you I have a new product idea for Febreze.

What does this all mean? Am I watching too much television? Am I being sent messages from a divine force that need to be spread to the world about products that mask odor and eliminate 99.9% of bacteria from the air? Or have advertisements just gone subliminal?
To be continued...

1 comment:

Downtown Brittni Brown said...

It might be from sleeping with the tv on but I think no matter what, you're always going to have weird dreams with product placement in them. Some people hate when there are product placement in movies. Yes, sometimes its too obvious and very annoying, but you gotta figure - it's real life and in real life we use these products. Same goes for dreams. You could have easily had a dream about what kind of toothpaste you use after you brush your teeth.

I tend more to dream about people - but sometimes especially celebrities. I had a dream with Michael Jackson in it this week. I haven't even so much as thought of him. I also have dreams about fictional characters such as Superman or the Hulk or Angelina Jolie.

My point is - whatever your brain picks up on - for me, movies and stuff - it's always turning and thinking even without you.

We'll never get away from these things. Dreams are haunting. I tend to dream about people and then I can't stop thinking about them for days at a time. So, just get your febreeze and then you'll be satisfied.